The Reservationists is responsible for working Attractions (High Wire Bike and Climbing Wall), Call Center, Box Office, Wallis Annenberg Building Reception Desk, Phase II Reception Desk, and other areas and duties as assigned. Is responsible for accurate and speedy processing of walk-up, and telephone orders for groups and individual sales. Must be proficient in all aspects of the Tessitura System, Avaya Software, and any other software/platform used within Reservations. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, answering and transferring of general calls, external and internal email communication, issuing breaks, mailing out confirmations and educational packets as applicable, contacting groups in the event that advance payment is not received by specified deadline, soliciting information from guests as to their future plans and/or other sales related information, general maintenance of reservations files, and general office and clerical duties as needed.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the California Science Center exhibits, and daily operations.
- Must possess good verbal skills, strong public speaking skills, in order to interact with guests in a helpful and polite manner at all times.
- Excellent cash handling skills required.
- Basic problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve guest conflicts as required.
- Computer & typing skills (40 wpm) required.
- Must enjoy working with a diverse population and general public.
- Ability to lift, pull, and/or push a minimum of 25lbs.
- Ability to walk, sit and/or stand for an extended period of times.
- Must be able to provide exceptional customer service, and possess an outgoing attitude, friendly, helpful nature. Must be able to work in a collaborative "team environment."
- Capable of maintaining exceptional attendance by arriving to work on your scheduled days and at scheduled times.
- Able to work flexible hours, including holidays, evenings and weekends as required.
- Maintain the highest standards of friendly, helpful, and responsive guest service at all times.
- Communicate well with guests and in all situations, remain polite, courteous, and helpful at all times.
- Utilize knowledge gained through our website, training, and general communication to provide accurate information about all California Science Center current and future offerings. Provide accurate information about IMAX films and Special Exhibits, the contents of educational packets and on any special programs or events happening at the California Science Center or Exposition Park.
- Actively promote and request donations when processing orders.
- Retain and utilize knowledge of all promo codes, vouchers and third-party sales.
- Follow all cash handling procedures, secure daily bank/till and avoid being over/short in the amount of $3.00 in any given month. Calculate change, deposits, and daily bank accurately.
- Prepare and complete the end-of-day reconciliation paperwork and processes.
- Upsell and upgrade orders to include Attractions, IMAX, Special Exhibits, Gift Certificates, and Memberships.
- Inform guests of attraction specific rules, regulations and requirements.
- Inform group leaders and individual guests of California Science Center policies and procedures. Immediately report guest problems or any issues to leadership for resolution.
- Be an active participant in leadership efforts to improve guest service by providing feedback, initiating recommendations, participating in meetings and discussions, etc.
- Possess working knowledge of all office and workstation equipment and software, including the Avaya Phone System, Tessitura ticketing system, Microsoft Office 365, etc.
- Prepare check deposits and perform routine audits of the ticketing system, as assigned.
- Follow High Wire Bicycle and Climbing Wall safety procedures.
- Execute Emergency Evacuation Plan when necessary.
- Understand and implement crisis procedures in the event of a down show, loss of power, computer/equipment failure, network issues, and/or another urgent event.
- Maintain the highest standards of neatness and cleanliness in your work area. Clean, vacuum, lightly sweep and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes work area, windows, counters, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, phones, mouse, keyboards, general office space, outside of Box Office, etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. The California Science Center Foundation is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.