The Development Coordinator is part of a team responsible for the annual fundraising programs of the California Science Center Foundation, providing administrative support to the Development Department with a focus on the core operations of the Discovery Ball annual gala and Partners in Learning annual giving program. The ideal candidate is a team player with strong organizational, time-management and communication skills. Data entry experience and keen attention to detail are also required. The Development Coordinator is responsible for gift processing (invoicing, pledge/gift data entry, financial reporting and reconciliation); generating renewal letters, acknowledgment letters and contribution receipts; constituent data maintenance and mailing list management; and coordinating meeting and event logistics. This position is also responsible for coordinating key elements of the Discovery Ball, including tracking guest lists and donor/sponsor recognition preferences; coordinating communications to sponsors and guests; overseeing guest registration; and assisting with night-of-event fundraising activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 1-2 years administrative assistance or data entry experience in an office setting, preferably in a development office or nonprofit organization.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; detail-oriented with ability to establish and maintain high standards of information management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, OneDrive applications, and database programs; Tessitura or other constituent relationship management (CRM) system experience preferred.
- Understanding of basic accounting standards and ability to accurately record revenue and expenses.
- Solid writing and editing skills; must be able to produce relevant writing samples upon request.
- Strong problem-solving skills and effective project coordination ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop productive working relationships with staff across departments.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with Trustees, donors, sponsors, members, volunteers and the general public.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to produce results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent follow-through and ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks while balancing all assigned responsibilities.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends (Saturday and Sunday) on occasion.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support for annual fundraising programs and solicitation efforts, including the Board of Trustees Statement of Commitment process, Partners in Learning renewals and acquisitions, and Discovery Ball sponsorships.
- Process pledges and gifts received for Partners in Learning and the Discovery Ball, as well as grants and other contributions, including accurate data entry of donations and constituent information.
- Create and maintain Partners in Learning and Discovery Ball financial reports and coordinate with Accounting Department to ensure monthly and fiscal year-end fundraising revenue reconciliation.
- Compile and maintain up-to-date revenue data for reporting on progress toward fundraising goals to Executive Staff, donors, the Board of Trustees and committees.
- Maintain constituent records and data, including making timely additions, changes and updates in the donor database.
- Build queries and exports to produce current mailing lists and reports; coordinate mailings.
- Produce and track correspondence, including solicitation/renewal letters, pledge forms, invoices, acknowledgment letters/receipts, and event/program invitations.
- Manage Partners in Learning benefits fulfillment and maintain accurate donor recognition records for updating the annual donor wall and website.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist with donor stewardship as a point of contact for Partners in Learning donors and Discovery Ball patrons/table sponsors.
- Provide staff support for the Discovery Ball, including coordinating committee meetings and follow-up; managing materials and publication mailings; tracking guest lists and donor/sponsor recognition preferences.
- Oversee Discovery Ball guest registration and assist in the coordination of night-of-event fundraising activities, such as raffle ticket sales and donations for education programs.
- Provide logistical support including RSVP management, participant confirmations, catering arrangements, work orders, room set-up, parking reservations/validations, etc. for various donor programs, events and stewardship activities; may occur on- or off-site, as well as outside of standard business hours.
- Manage publication and software subscriptions and support Development purchases, in compliance with purchasing policies.
- Assist in monitoring the Development department expense and revenue budgets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
$20.00 - $23.00 / Hr
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. The California Science Center Foundation is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.