The Campaign Coordinator is part of a team that advances the California Science Center Foundation’s EndeavourLA Campaign to raise funds for the Samuel Oschin Air and Space Center major expansion project, providing administrative support to the Development Department with a focus on the operations of the Campaign. The ideal candidate is a team player with strong organizational, time-management and communication skills. Data entry experience and keen attention to detail are also required. The Campaign Coordinator is responsible for gift processing (invoicing, pledge/gift data entry, financial reporting and reconciliation); generating acknowledgment letters and contribution receipts; constituent data maintenance and mailing list management; and coordinating meeting and event logistics. This position also assists with prospect research and supports the Campaign’s moves management system with the tracking of development actions, including staff/volunteer portfolios and assignments, and donor identification, cultivation and stewardship activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 1-2 years administrative assistance or data entry experience in an office setting, preferably in a development office or nonprofit organization.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; detail-oriented with ability to establish and maintain high standards of information management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, OneDrive applications, and database programs; Tessitura or other constituent relationship management (CRM) system experience preferred.
- Understanding of basic accounting standards and ability to accurately record revenue and expenses.
- Solid writing and editing skills; must be able to produce relevant writing samples upon request.
- Strong problem-solving skills and effective project coordination ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop productive working relationships with staff across departments.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with Trustees, donors, sponsors, members, volunteers and the general public.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to produce results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent follow-through and ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks while balancing all assigned responsibilities.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends (Saturday and Sunday) on occasion.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support for EndeavourLA Campaign operations and fundraising activities, including major gifts development and the Team Endeavour tile sponsorship program.
- Process pledges and gifts received for the EndeavourLA Campaign, as well as grants and other contributions, including accurate data entry of donations and constituent information.
- Create and maintain Campaign financial reports and coordinate with Accounting Department to ensure monthly and fiscal year-end fundraising revenue reconciliation.
- Compile and maintain up-to-date revenue data for reporting on progress toward fundraising goals to Executive Staff, donors, the Board of Trustees and committees.
- Maintain constituent records and data, including making timely additions, changes and updates in the donor database.
- Build queries and exports to produce current mailing lists and reports; coordinate mailings.
- Produce and track correspondence, including pledge forms, invoices, acknowledgment letters/receipts, and event/program invitations.
- Maintain accurate records for the publication of donor lists, signage and other recognition opportunities, including the Team Endeavour digital recognition display.
- Participate in Campaign and Development Department meetings as assigned; assist with compiling agendas and tracking action items for the team.
- Assist with researching prospective donors and preparing profiles.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals and other solicitation materials or correspondence as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist with donor stewardship as a point of contact for Team Endeavour and the Campaign’s general information line and email.
- Provide logistical support including RSVP management, participant confirmations, catering arrangements, work orders, room set-up, parking reservations/validations, etc. for various donor programs, events and stewardship activities; may occur on- or off-site, as well as outside of standard business hours.
- Manage publication and software subscriptions and support Campaign purchases, in compliance with purchasing policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
$20.00 - $23.00 / Hr
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. The California Science Center Foundation is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.